Out of Town Patients
PRE-SURGERY INSTRUCTIONS FOR OUT OF TOWN PATIENTS
- After you have had your consultation with Dr. Bindrup, you will need to have lab work done prior to your surgery. The fee for this service is approximately $80. Insurance will not cover this expense.
- You will need a responsible adult with you for at least 24-48 hours after surgery. That responsible adult will need to drive you home from surgery and to your appointment the following day. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- PLEASE – FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY – DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO EAT OR DRINK AFTER MIDNIGHT THE NIGHT BEFORE YOUR SURGERY! (This includes gum, lifesavers, juice, etc.) You may have water until four hours prior to your scheduled surgery time. Failure to comply with this will result in rescheduling your surgery.
- DO NOT take any aspirin products for at least two (2) weeks prior to surgery. (This includes Motrin, Advil, Ibuprofen, Aleve, Naprosyn, etc.) Aspirin can cause bleeding. You may use Tylenol.
- Because of wound healing problems, DO NOT SMOKE two weeks prior to surgery and two weeks after surgery. Failure to comply with this will also result in rescheduling your surgery.
- Bathe or shower the morning of surgery, but do not use any lotion, deodorant or make-up. please remove colored nail polish from the left hand ring finger.
- Please be on time! Call our office when you arrive in town to give us the phone number where you can be reached.
- You will be asked to provide a non-refundable deposit to hold your surgery date. This deposit will apply toward your surgical fee. Payment in full will be required 1 week prior to surgery. (Hospital patients must make separate financial arrangements with that facility for cosmetic procedures.) Payment must be in the form of cash, cashier’s check, money order, or major credit card. We no longer accept personal checks. For cosmetic patients, the anesthesia fee is due at the pre-op prior to surgery, payable in cash, cashier’s check, or major credit card to Kurt Christensen, CRNA.
- Wear loose fitting clothing the day of your surgery. Something that buttons or zips on top and doesn’t pull over the head, with loose fitting, sweat type pants or pj’s are recommended.
- Please leave all valuables (money, purse, jewelry) at home.
- Check with the office staff regarding special items (bra’s, binders, girdles, etc.) that may be required for your surgery
- Patients must be off all diet pills for at least 10 days prior to surgery (including Phentermine and Ma Huang). Problems can arise from the use of these drugs. Also avoid taking vitamin E supplements the week prior to surgery.
- You will need to be seen for a post surgery appointment the day following your surgery
- Available hotels: (* = shuttle transportation available to and from the airport and to and from our office building.)
If you have any questions regarding these instructions, please contact our office. In case of emergency during regular office hours, Dr. Bindrup can be contacted at (801) 316-1313. After hours or weekends, you will reach the answering service. Dr. Bindrup will be contacted and return your call.